Wednesday, August 3, 2011

New to Canning your garden crop?

I have never canned anything in my entire life; nor have I ever seen the process.  Therefore, I am going to be taking on a new skill this year: The Art of Canning dun-dun-dun-DUN!!!!


I'm not sure how many of you out there are in the same "pickle" I am......but, I have been looking for some useful tips to canning. I found this site More Home Canning Tips (make sure you scroll down to the info.) and I found it to be very informative :-)


I'm a little hesitant to actually have someone show me how to can because I know everyone has their "own way".  So I'm going to do my research and see how things go.  I'm gladly open to any ADVICE or opinions for sure!


Also, any experiences that you have come across and have learned the hard way.  I'm really nervous about making sure about the safety factors involved in this tedious, time-consuming process. 


Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment